Opening a Case at CDR
1. If you think we can help you or someone you know, call us at 344-5366 and we will discuss it with you.
2. We'll listen to your concerns. If we can help, we'll ask for information about you and the other person(s) involved. We will help you to understand and evaluate mediation as one option for resolving the conflict.
3. At your request, we will contact the other party to invite them to consider mediation. Both conversations remain confidential and the privacy of both parties is respected.
4. If the other party agrees to mediate, we will schedule a session at a convenient time during the day or evening so that both parties can work together to solve their problems with the help of mediators.
5. The mediation session usually lasts 1.5 to 2 hours. At the mediation session, two mediators listen to both parties to learn how each would like to resolve the dispute. The mediators do not decide who is right, but will help them reach a mutually acceptable agreement.
6. When an agreement is reached, the resolution may be put in writing and signed by all parties.
7. Mediation is confidential, voluntary and neutral. CDR volunteer mediators act as a neutral third party. We facilitate a conversation. We don't arbitrate, make decisions, or give opinions or legal advice.
Our agency provides timely service, but not crisis intervention. After discussing your case with you, we will send out a letter inviting the second party to mediation. We allow 10-14 days for their response. If the second party agrees to mediate we proceed to scheduling, finding a time that is convenient for both parties. At that point we call our list of volunteer mediators and find two who can take the case.
We are a non-profit, community service agency that provides low cost services to community members in conflict. Our non-refundable case initiation fee is $50-$100, and due before we contact the second party. The balance(determined by the type of case) is due before we schedule the mediation session. We are committed to providing mediation services to our community and will adjust or waive fees for low-income individuals.
|This site managed with Dynamic Website Technology from Mediate.com Products and Services|