The Center for Dialoge and Resolution
of Lane County
2019 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training
When: 40 hours spread throughout 5 days, as follows:
- January 25 from 8:30am to 5:30pm
- January 26 from 8:30am to 5:30pm
- January 27 from 8:30am to 5:30pm
- February 9 from 8:30am to 5:30pm
- February 10 from 8:30am to 5:30pm
Where: 1400 Cross St, Eugene, OR 97402
This training meets the requirements for mediators set out in Chapter 36 of the Oregon Revised Statutes and in the Oregon Administrative Rules. Successful completion of this training will make you eligible to mediate as a volunteer at the Center for Dialogue and Resolution (CDR) as well as many other State-funded mediation centers in Oregon. In addition, you will be able to apply the skills you learn to your personal relationships - improving communication between you and your spouse, partner, children, employer, colleagues and more.
- The context and overview of the mediation process
- Communication skills for mediators including such things as active listening, reframing, validating, empathizing, clarifying, and summarizing
- Helping parties tell their stories
- Separating positions and interests
- Generating and evaluating options
- Writing agreements
- Role Plays
- Oregon's mediation statutes, rules, ethics and standards
- And much, much more!
Cost: $800; $700 if paid before December 21, 2018. Cost includes materials, continental breakfast and snacks. Lunch is on your own.
Chip Coker, Executive Director of CDR. Chip was trained and certified as a mediator in 1998 by the Orange County Human Relations Commission in California and has since mediated over 200 cases. While in law school, Chip focused on alternative dispute resolution (ADR) subjects, including negotation, arbitration and mediation - and earned a Bancroft-Whitney American Jurisprudence Award for his coursework in Advanced ADR. Since then, Chip has been licensed to practice law in three states, as well as before the US Supreme Court, and has emphasized mediation in his law practice. Before becoming our Executive Director, Chip was most recently an in-house attorney for Umpqua Bank.
Additional trainers to be announced shortly.
|This site managed with Dynamic Website Technology from Mediate.com Products and Services|